Part of American College and University Presidents’ Climate Commitment (ACUPCC).
As part of the ACUPCC commitment, Cazenovia College identified the following goals:
- Create and maintain institutional structures to plan and guide the implementation of sustainability actions
- Complete a comprehensive emissions inventory (Greenhouse Gas or GHG Inventory)
- Set a climate neutrality target year of 2050
- Take immediate action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions + Integrate sustainability into Cazenovia’s curriculum
- Assure public availability of information about the college’s sustainability plans and progress
- Has purchased Energy Star certified products for new and replacement appliances and equipment and currently purchases 6.5% of their electricity needs from renewable sources through their supplier.
- Installed solar panels-30 kW electric power-reducing emissions by 88 tons of CO2 .
- Upgraded campus lighting with energy efficient lighting lamps and fixtures
- Constructed new buildings to be green & energy efficient
- Collects and re-purposes manure into mulch
- Constructed diversion ditches
- Developed recycling programs
- Made sustainability part of the curriculum
- Purchase more efficient vehicles
Embedded in The Cazenovia Climate Action Plan